A glimpse of history : Véto-pharma past, present and future…
1978 - Creation of Véto-pharma
Its business is the marketing of veterinary pharmaceutical products.
2002 - Apivar, principal product in the Véto-pharma range
Véto-pharma begins distributing Apivar, a medicine that combats Varroa destructor, the principal honey bee parasite, while simultaneously continuing its pharmaceutical product sales business.
2002-2008 - Market expansion
- Growth in Europe – Spain, Italy, and Portugal.
- 2004: Introduction of Apivar in New Zealand.
- 2008: Introduction of Apivar in Canada.
2009 - Release of Apivar in Japan + Response to the threat of the Asian hornet in Europe
Véto-pharma develops and makes available to French beekeepers one of the first Asian hornet traps. Today, this trap is recognized as the most effective one on the market.
2011 - Apivar introduced in the Turkish market.
2012 - A new milestone with the arrival of Apivar in the USA and the total reinvention of our strategy.
Arrival in the USA, a key market in the global beekeeping industry
- After more than 4 years of development and a large investment, Véto-pharma obtains authorization to market Apivar in the United States, thus opening the doors to one of the largest beekeeping markets in the world.
A company 100% dedicated to honey bees
- This strategic decision is based on the firm convictions of the management team regarding the importance and necessity of creating a global expert in bee health. As a result, we reinvented our way of doing business, and strengthened our ambition to succeed.
- Refocusing the company on international growth and innovative apiculture products required that we abandon non-apiculture-related activities that, in 2010, represented more than 50% of our revenue. This fact alone demonstrates our deep commitment to apiculture.
2013 - The milestone is reached of having treated 5 million colonies with Apivar worldwide.
- Acquisition of Apiten in Japan. Apiten is a medication used in treatment against foulbrood, and a leader in the Japanese market.
- Introduction of Apivar in Afghanistan.
2014 - Creation of Véto-pharma US and a strong local commitment to the development of apiculture in France:
- Introduction of Apivar in Albania and Lebanon: The Véto-pharma range is now distributed in more than 20 countries worldwide.
- Launch of the NutriBee Propolis nutritional product range.
- Installation of a testing apiary with 150 colonies dedicated to Research and Development activities.
- Construction of eva (Espace de Valorisation de l’Abeille, or Honey Bee Valuation Center) begins.
2015 - Grand opening and inauguration of eva
The “Espace de Valorisation de l’Abeille”, or Honey Bee Valuation Center.