ApiLife Var is a natural alternative against varroa mites based on thymol, eucalyptus oil, L-menthol and camphor. ApiLifeVar results in best overwinter survival when using a natural products for 3 years (National Management survey - Bee informed Partnership - 2015)
In addition to its efficacy up to 94%, ApiLife Var results in the lowest loss rates among all natural products used in the U.S. for 3 years [National Management Survey - Bee Informed Partnership - 2015], and thus is recognized as the best natural alternative against varroa.
There are three main advantages using ApiLifeVar to naturally control your varroa mite infestation:
- ApiLife Var presents a reduced dosage of thymol in each application, which decreases side effects and winter mortality, without a loss of efficacy.
- ApiLife Var allows a best release of thymol per contact in addition to evaporation. As result, the efficacy is improved by a better release of active ingredients.
- With ApiLife Var, there is no need for extra space to install the treatment on top on the frames!
Today, ApiLife Var is registered in 35 countries, and is the thymol-based product market leader in Europe.
- Two treatments a year may be made, when honey suppers are not installed.
- Use ApiLife Var when temperatures are between 64 and 95 degrees (°F)
How to use ApiLifeVar?
1. Open the bag containing the two tablets.
2. Take one of the 2 tablets and break it into 4 pieces.
3. Open the beehive and set the single pieces of the tablet around the edge of the brood nest on top of the top bars (in the corners of the beehive).
4. Repeat procedure as follow:
- 1st application: leave 7 to 10 days
- 2nd application: leave 7 to 10 days
- 3rd application: Leave 12 days